Is how I got so 'lucky'.
One of our boarders did the most thoughtful thing. When she found out that Bellwether Farm is named for our favorite book of all time, she sent a copy to Connie Willis, and had her autograph it to us, in honor of our dream.
Our neighbors, Dale and Genie, have more or less adopted us, feeding us from their garden, waving over the fence every day, keeping an eye on us to make sure we're all right.
Shawna and Jo, the boarders, help out so much that when other friends visit, they ask 'you HIRED people to help out?!'. They want our dream to come true as much as we do!
Our other neighbors, Bill and Nancy, are our irrigation mentors. If you've never farmed in the West, you have no idea how valuable this is!
My staff at work have made it possible for me to write a book this summer. I say 'Make it so.' and they make it so.
I spend most of my days wandering around in a kind of stupor, wondering what I ever might have done to deserve this much pure goodness all at once. As if there was someone, somewhere, doling out goodness with a spoon, and most people (including me), most of the time, are standing there, bowl in hand, saying 'Please, sir, can I have some more?'
I just can't figure it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment