We had our first lessons in the new arena last night, and our trainer was suitably impressed with the new barn, new fences, new footing. Hooray! It's always good when the professional approves...
The weather was iffy all day, and about an hour before Trish was to arrive, the wind started to really blow! But I rode anyway, and had a great lesson, considering it was the first in about six months. I always ride better when ther's someone around to yell at me: 'Commit to the trot!'. And today my stomach is sore, in a good way.
Then it was John's turn, and almost as soon as he started, the sky opened up and poured buckets! But we have an all-weather arena, right? So we have to test it, right? And yes, you can ride in it, even in the pouring rain!
So then I'm leaning with my arms on the fence rail, watching my wonderful husband riding his beautiful black and white paint in OUR fantastic new arena, and the rain slacks off. The low sun shining on the mountains set them alight. And a rainbow appeared, framing the mountains beyond the far end of the arena. I had to lean my chin on my arms to close my mouth. Ponies and mountains and rainbows. I drew that in crayons once. When I was about five years old.
No comments:
Post a Comment