Today I cleaned out the greenhouse, and got it ready to work. It's spiffy. I enjoyed every moment, even the one where I got chased out by yellow-jackets who thought it was THEIR greenhouse!
Then I potted up 18 tomato starts that a friend gave me, knowing I didn't have time to start my own this year. I'll find a place to put them for good when we get back from London.
I popped the horseradish root in a pot, and hopefully it will live (I forgot about it in all the excitement, and it got pretty dried out!).
I planted our potatoes that came from Seed Savers---I ordered them before I knew I was going to move, so they are going in containers this year, following an idea I read about on another blog, to build up the earth over the potatoes in the container as they grow. Maximum potatoes, minimum digging!
It's a start. If only we can figure out where the compost heap should go! ; )
We have a grape vine. And Cheyenne privet. And LOTS of willows. A scattering of scrub oaks, and two red maples. That's all I know for sure so far, aside from the thistle that's invaded the pasture...
No comments:
Post a Comment