We burned the brush pile today, with proper permits and everything! Anyone who knows J knows that this was a big step for him. 'it will burst into flames' is one of his favorite paranoias. Lots more small cleaning up, rode ponies, and we picked up 1000 feet of wire fencing at Cal Ranch. Our stall fronts are in, although unfortunately, the person we need to deal with to pick them up doesn't work on Sundays...we saw them in the lot, and they are so pretty! We'll get those picked up this week some time, and then our blacksmith has some work to do! I also moved a lot of rocks, we shared a beer with our neighbor, and I emptied out (almost completely) the stall area of the barn.
Yesterday, we picked up a couple of loads from the old house, rode ponies, unpacked boxes, and did some raking.
Our boys (the dogs) had such a good time yesterday and today, that they have just crashed on the floor here. Any minute now, Captain will start snoring... Such good, good dogs... The chickens have settled in again, and increased their laying schedule!
Hopefully, arena work will continue tomorrow... We've had too much rain (!) the last couple of days for them to work on it.
Tomorrow, we also have to finish up the semester at work, finalizing grades, finishing the odd bit of grading here and there, etc. I also have a big presentation to Westinghouse Nuclear, so wish me luck with that. I need to get Chapter one out the door to my editor, which entails minor modifications, some time between 11 and 11:15...if I can fit it in... ;)
On Wednesday, we have the horse dentist in the morning, and all our friends gathering round to help us finish the big move. It's going to be a really busy week...
No comments:
Post a Comment