Saturday, December 26, 2009

Holiday Time!

Such a great couple of days we are having! Our oven broke, so we had lamb curry for dinner yesterday. It was most scrumptious. Supposedly, we'll get the parts before school starts. That'd be nice. Until then, we're limited to the stove top, and the tiny pizza oven.

A friend sent us a brie wheel. It feeds 50. FIFTY!!! WTGift?! Fortunately, we've been invited to a New Year's Party that's a potluck. We'll take the brie!

I got the George C. Scott version of A Christmas Carol for Christmas---best Scrooge EVER. How is it that I never get tired of that story? I've seen four different versions this week! My favorite is going to the community theater, where the Scrooge is great, and you never know what's going to happen with everyone else... But they are all having so much fun that it puts deep joy in my heart. Plus, you can get Twizzlers for $1 at intermission!

Our library tradition is going strong, with lots of borrowed books, all wrapped up in pretty paper under the tree! J is wanting me to finish my book, I can tell. And I am wanting him to figure out what his 'can't miss' activities in London are...

We brewed a new stout, and it's bubbling away in the kitchen.

And one day last week, we didn't get out of our PJs at all. Not even to walk the dogs.

The next couple of days, we will be planning a stuffed sopapilla road trip---so far, the closest ones we know of are in Price, about 3 hours from here. Still, it's closer than Socorro, NM!

I hope everyone else is having a relaxing and fun holiday! 7:30 in the morning on January 4 is going to come up fast and hit like a hurricane. Try not to think about it... now that I reminded you...

No comments:

Post a Comment