This must be the last gasp of the GOP. I mean, really. Obama is the poster-child for staying in school, studying hard, and getting an education. Why would anyone not want their kid to hear that message from the leader of the free world? I am mystified. At first I was pained---really, physically pained---to think about what it would be like for him and his family to hear this kind of rude, vociferous angst. (I'm quite personally invested in this man, after my adventures last fall.) But then I started to think about aversion trends, and fads. Perhaps we are now at the point where there's nothing left for these people to do but consume each other, and let the rest of us get on with things.
There seems, at the moment to be a very loud far conservative right, and a very loud far liberal left, and the vast majority are getting driven closer and closer together by this pincer of radicalism.
Maybe that means we'll get something done!
No comments:
Post a Comment